Followers

Tuesday 6 June 2017

SENDING HUGS


I love this 'Hobnail Vase' Die by Sue Wilson ~Creative Expressions!

I have been sorting my card bundles and came across this white base card by Hunkydory.  I'm not so keen on the 'punched hole' scalloped border, but must have liked it at the time of buying!
Now that I have that out of the way let's jump in as to how I made the card:
  • 6" square white card base by Hunkydory with thin mats of aqua, black and white foundation card by Creative Expressions
  • I did the same for the top raised section and cut a 4" mat of aqua card then black and finally white card
  • I embossed the top piece of white card using the 'Falling Hearts' EF by SW ~ CE
  • Using a Woodward corner punch I punched 3 corners of the white card and adhered this to the remaining mats, added mounting foam to the back of the aqua card and adhered it in a diamond shape onto the card base.  I only punched 3 corners as I wanted only the black card showing behind the flowers
  • I die cut the Hobnail Vase Die in black glossy card and gave it a little shaping prior to adding mounting foam to the back
  • I then die cut several Lily Of The Valley Flowers by SW ~ CE in white card and removed the leaves from the larger flowers so to leave me with the white flower heads.  These were then glued to the back of the vase then adhered to the card
  • I stamped the sentiment  from the Sweet Wishes Stamp Set by C E onto aqua card using a black StazOn ink pad
  • I used the smallest tag die from a set I also found in my stash, I'd like to say it was by Tonic as the packaging is orange and the dies are a light chrome colour (note to self, leave identification on stash!!)
  • When this was die cut it sat just so at the bottom right corner of the card and the hole in the tag covered another of the punched holes on the base card
  • Using Cosmic Shimmer White PVA Glue I created 3 pearls to the top right and 3 to the bottom left of the card
Close up of the glossy hobnail vase

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog, I hope my designs have given a little inspiration.
I read all your comments and really appreciate you leaving me a message .
June x

1 comment:

Thank you for leaving me a message, I really appreciate you taking the time to write to me. Should you need further information about today's post or wish to order a card please email me at:

poppyfieldcardcrafts@outlook.com

I hope you have a great day June x

Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace center in line 4 with the new position as listed below: