Followers

Friday 12 May 2017

SENDING BUTTERFLY WISHES YOUR WAY

Hi, thanks for stopping by...
THE BEFORE AND AFTER SHOT!
Can you believe the difference?  Same photo taken on same camera!

If you read my post, I think it was two days ago, I mentioned about using left over card stock by making flowers, frames, borders etc rather than just storing it in a container/drawer.  So doing a quick tidy in one are of my studio I came across the above card base and decided to make something with it!
What I find strange is that when photographed the background looks a pale and delicate pink, it is actually white!  The card looks a muted beige when in fact it is the delicate pale pink showing behind the card as well as the top left of the card!  OK... enough about the colours LOL.
  • This is a 5.5" square card with thin mats of copper, white and pink foundation card by Creative Expressions.  I covered another piece of white card with double sided adhesive sheet , removed the backing and covered it with gorgeous Gilding Flakes/Mulled Wine by Creative Expressions, and I apologise as, again, the true colours are not showing up well at all!
  • I die cut this piece using only the inner die of the Finishing Touches - Cascading Butterflies Die Set by Sue Wilson/Creative Expressions then, using both dies, die cut it again on white card, to give me the white 'frame' to adhere around the butterflies
  • I used a stamp that was a free gift from a card crafting magazine for the sentiment.  I stamped and embossed it onto white card and used WOW Metallic Gold Sparkle Embossing Powder
  • I backed this onto a thin mat of the copper card and added a small heart to the bottom left of the sentiment
  • I used the smallest butterfly from the die cuts, sprayed it with adhesive and covered it with Glitter Jewels Diamond Snow by Creative Expressions. I added two flat back pearls by Creative Expressions to its spine and adhered this to the top left of my card
  • To complete I added more of the same flat back pearls
Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. I read all your comments and appreciate you leaving me a message and hope my designs have given a little inspiration
June x
I am entering this card into the following challenge:

 MAWTT Challenge ~ #45 Butterflies

5 comments:

  1. Lovely card, love butterflies and my favourite thing at the moment is guilding flakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the butterflies smf

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the gilding flakes on the butterflies xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful card,i have a friend who adores butterflies,at 96 she would love to receive a card as lovely as this one

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for joining us at MAWTT with your lovely butterfly card. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a message, I really appreciate you taking the time to write to me. Should you need further information about today's post or wish to order a card please email me at:

poppyfieldcardcrafts@outlook.com

I hope you have a great day June x

Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace center in line 4 with the new position as listed below: